Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Bolshoi Booze, Feisty Fawn, White sands and 4D Puzzles

Its been quite a while since i've updated this blog. fact is, work has eaten so much of my time, that i can't even blog about it even if I wanted to. The only time I can remember having a well deserved break was during the Holy Week (and its not even a full week). I'm not going to talk much about tech stuff today but rather blog about my period of "pseudo-vacation" a.k.a "refuel-my-work-mojo".

Bolshoi Booze...You just gotta watch Prison Break!(thank God for torrents)...Heroes (The Fox TV-series) took a break, and for lack of anything fun to watch (Korean Telenovelas just won't appeal to my viewing habits...sorry Flo :P ) I grabbed a copy of Prison Break Season 1 and 2 and had a grand time watching it from start to finish... *note to self: don't ever do that again or lose sleep in the process.

Feisty Fawn...Although it won't be officially released until April 19, I couldn't wait that long so I went ahead with downloading and eventually installing Ubuntu's latest incarnation. Just a quick review guys, its the best Ubuntu release yet (the perfect linux desktop is just around the corner I guess) but I would recommend you wait for the official release date before you zap your beloved desktop's OS...unless of course you're the type that can't control your inner geek and subject yourself to a bleeding edge version's sadistic nature...but then again only the brave gets the fair right?

White Sands...Ever been to Chemas? (weird name for a resort). Its a small resort in Samal Island that appeals to those who want to relax or have a quite time while having the beach and the sun as their background. It's relatively new so only a few people actually go there, so you end up having the whole beach to yourself or in my case my family. The food is great btw, and priced just right.


4D Puzzles...Getting the chance to own one was actually one bloggable experience but I'll spare you the gory details for now. Let's just say that the 8-yr old in me woke up the moment I saw a 4D puzzle of a Dragon and a Gryphon...now can anybody tell me where I can find a 4D puzzle of a Unicorn? ;)

3 comments:

Raine said...

on prison break:
waah...i hated the last ep of season 2, how many prisons does Scofield need to break anyway? i thought SONA was the speech not another prison :(
don't judge a series not til you get a chance to watch it, wanna trade my k movies for Dexter? LOLS

on chemas:
sounds like chuva hehehe but i heard that it's a great beach but a bit pricey

Avat@r said...

Prison Break Season 2's final episode was obviously altered to give way for season 3, and yes it could have ended there but I do hope they make Season 3 more interesting...Mahone better have more tatoos than Scofield :))

Dexter is a must see...burn your K movies please bwehehehe.

On Chemas:
I dunno why but the mere sound of the resort's name tickles my ears ...
Given the peace and quite you'll enjoy I definitely think the price is ok. You should treat me there sometime flo :)

Anonymous said...

you blog is very good!
I'm your FAN!