Saturday, April 26, 2008

the.heron.has.spread.its.wings

I know its a bit late for me to declare Canonical's Ubuntu 8.04 (Hardy Heron) release, but I intentionally did it for two things: 1) I'd want everyone to wait till all the other Ubuntu "flavors" are updated and 2) Let's give their servers a breather before we swamp them again with downloads!

So boys and girls get your downloaders ready, get Ubuntu 8.04 and enjoy the experience.
If anyone here in Davao City is interested to install and learn to use Ubuntu, just message me and bring a blank DVD, I'll burn the distro for free :)

8 comments:

jonjoaquin said...

can that be installed in an asus eee pc? my wife dadai has one coming in june.

Avat@r said...

hi jon, nice of you to drop by. Yup there is a "flavor" of Ubuntu called Xubuntu that has been further tweaked to run on the Asus Eee PC (eeeXubuntu). And your timing is quite right because the wifi issues they used to have have been solved :) congrats to dadai btw

check this out >> eeXubuntu wiki

jonjoaquin said...

help me install it na lang :-) i'll see you when it gets here. it's being shipped from the US kasi.

Avat@r said...

sure thing! :) that would be a good entry for the blog btw.

jonjoaquin said...

ey george, dadai's eee pc is arriving on saturday. when can we install ubuntu?

Avat@r said...

hi jon, I will be "playing" with an asus eeePC 900 this afternoon, once I get confident with it lets see what we can do with Dadai's unit.

jonjoaquin said...

so how went the ubuntu in eee pc 900? dadai's unit just arrived, we're just waiting for you to install ubuntu on it :-)

Avat@r said...

works quite well...after the tweaks :)