Tuesday, July 05, 2005

HP.Trade-in.Promo

Wifey and I went to the mall the other day, HP held a cool promo participated by its partner stores here in Davao. All you need to do is bring an old printer(any brand) working or not and replace it with any of the 3 models they are offering. Obviously this is a marketing effort by HP to push their entry level printers (because they can't compete with Canon in this market segment) as well as selling a lot of ink in a few weeks time :D...the concept actually worked and there were a lot of people interested. We eventually exchanged an old defective HP printer for a brand new HP PSC 1315, of course we had to shell out PHP 2,999 but for a printer/scanner/copier valued at PHP 4900+ I think thats a good deal already. We had to wait for a two hours before the unit arrives but thats ok, at least we don't have to wait for 1-2 weeks (like the people on the next both). Incidentally they were also showcasing two gadgets(Ipaq h6335 and Ipaq rx3417) subject to the same trade-in scheme except that you'll have to trade it for a mobile phone instead and get PHP 10K off from the regular price. Looks interesting, so I talked to the product rep. and ask him about the device. Of course my first question was how fast is the rx34127? and he answers "it has a Samsung processor". Ok so maybe he didn't hear me right, so I asked again "I'm deciding on which one to get, how would you compare this with the h3665?" and he tells me "the h3625 has an OMAP processor sir"...OK...I'm pretty sure it wasn't going anywhere so I guess I'll have to ignore his answer, play with the gadgets and judge it for myself :D

I never really liked the h6365's form factor so even if it has a cool package(triple wireless) I opted to skip it. Besides, the 29K tag price (after the phone trade-in) made the decision even easier :) so I toyed with the rx3417 instead and it seems pretty cool. It has Bluetooth, IR and WiFi, a camera (but the cam was not that impressive) and a good LCD screen except I found it to be a bit dull compared to most models. The system response wasn't as fast as I wanted it to be but overall it was a good device. At this point I really wanted to buy it. I told the rep that i'm buying it except that I don't have a mobile phone for exchange, so he tells me to go buy an old one so I can have it exchanged for the rx3417. I insisted that the bottomline was for them to push the products right?(because not a single person bought any of the rx3417s anyway) so why deny me the purchase. After a few minutes of convincing, the rep still wouldn't allow me to buy it without a phone for trade-in so I told him to forget the whole thing because I'm no longer interested. The supervisor cuts in and tells me to reconsider and forget about the phone, I can now buy it if I want. And I was like What??!!! Man, I hate it when that happens...so did I bought it? Nah, too much hassle...I'm getting a T5 tomorrow ;)

1 comment:

neek said...

that sweet sounding